Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ms. R - Senior Rep 2010

I am so honored to photograph Ms. R's senior portraits. Ms. R is a very special young lady. I was first introduced to her when she began working at my childrens' school. She is respected and loved among all the kids and her energy and passion are such a positive influence. She is one of the few babysitter's we trust to watch our kids. Maybe I should rephrase that and say she is one of the few people who can keep our 3 hoodlums in line = ) During the session we talked about future opportunities and Ms. R mentioned the idea of working with kids in need. Those who may have suffered abuse and neglect or other negative situations. I can totally see her doing something like this and have no doubt she would make an impact on each child's life.

R is also a soccer player and I enjoyed talking soccer with her. I played during high school and now help coach one of my daughter's teams. I think the fam will have to try and make a game this spring to watch Ms. R in action= )

We had so much fun on the shoot! R picked out some fabulous locations. Initially, she had admitted she wasn't comfortable in front of the camera. I would have never guessed! She tried to credit watching Top Model but I think she really is natural = ) I loved using art to create more art. Something special and unique. We really are our own work of art with the ability to recreate and define ourselves.

I should also mention that R has been photographed by the same photographer since she was young. Her dad pulled out wallet images and it was like a timeline since age 5 or something. Ummm, no pressure! Just one more reason I feel honored = )

Ms. R - I know you are uber anxious so here you go...














No comments: